Our bodies go through a lot of wear and tear. Whether you have an extremely active lifestyle or your daily work mostly involves being at a desk, certain activities for extended periods of time can leave our bodies stressed, sore, and perpetually pinched. Even sleeping in an odd position by accident can leave you uncomfortable for days on end. If you notice that turning your head in certain directions really hurts you, it may be more than just a passing twinge. Here are some ways to know when it is a passing discomfort and when it might be an issue you need to see your chiropractor for.
- Your neck pain does not improve after a couple days
- You cannot look to the right or left without strong pain in your neck
- You feel you need to use over-the-counter pain medications just to get through the day and you are using them regularly to treat your neck pain
- You are actively worried that your neck pain may be the result of something serious
- Your neck pain has moved to numbness or tingling in your hands or wrists
- Your neck pain started within a few days of a car accident
- Your neck pain is worse when you first wake up in the morning but then begins to feel a little better as the day progresses
A chiropractor can tell you, after a consultation and examination, what may be the issue, in addition to likely being able to treat the problem themselves. Neck pain can be completely debilitating and makes the most normal everyday tasks that much harder, makes a happy person irritable, and generally causes unnecessary stress that contributes to the deterioration of a healthy body.
For a consultation and to find out more about what causes neck pain and how to prevent it, contact the [clinic] today.