Trigger Point Massage Therapy in Downtown Toronto
We offer direct insurance billing.
Similar to the deep tissue massage, trigger point massage therapy focuses on specific areas of the body rather than the whole body. With this massage, the therapist will pinpoint the exact problem (the trigger point) and use deep pressure to help relax it.
A trigger point is a tight area in the muscle tissue that causes pain in other parts of the body. For example, a trigger point in the back might be causing pain in the neck, which can lead to pain in the head. Trigger point therapy is designed to find the source of the pain and alleviate it through patterns of isolated pressure. The causes of a trigger point can be many things, whether it is a result of a muscle trauma (such as car accident injuries, sports, work-related injuries etc.), muscle strain from repetitive movements, postural strain, nutritional deficiencies and more. One event can cause a trigger point, and this can hamper the mobility of your body if it is not addressed properly.
How often can you go for a trigger point therapy massage?
This depends on each patient and how long it will take to release a trigger point. The length of time typically depends on several factors:
- How long you’ve had the trigger point
- The number of trigger points you have
- How effective your current treatment (if you are undergoing any) is
- How consistently you can receive treatment for your trigger point
Your Initial Consultation with Massage Therapist is Just a Phone Call Away
Benefits of Trigger Point Therapy Massage
- Focus on detecting and releasing trigger points
- Decreases in pain after just one treatment
- Naturally manages pain and stress from chronic injuries
- Can lead to long term relief of pain in the affected area
- Can help detoxify the body with the release of lactic acid build up in the affected muscles
Get In Touch With Us
Services We Offer:
Massage Therapy Affiliations:
Get in Touch
Monday to Friday: 8am - 7pm
Saturdays: 10am - 3pm