Traditional Swedish Massage in Downtown Toronto
We offer direct insurance billing.
This is considered to be the most standard type of massage that is offered in a variety of places such as clinics, spas, gyms and wellness centers. Swedish massage is a more Westernized version that focuses on the physiology of the body rather than the energy of the body. This is the type of massage that comes to mind when most people think about massage. It typically begins with lotion or oil being rubbed on the hands, and the therapist will start with broad general strokes then slowly transition to specific problem areas on the body.
These strokes are softer strokes on the more delicate parts of your body and stronger strokes where there is thicker muscle. This constant adjustment of pressure makes it an ideal massage for relaxation.
There are five basic strokes in Traditional Swedish Massage:
- Friction: wringing or small circular movements applied to a particular spot with the thumb, fingertips or knuckles.
- Tapotement: percussion movements like chopping.
- Vibration: rocking and shaking movements.
- Petrissage: kneading, rolling and lifting.
- Effleurage: long, smooth strokes (usually at the start and at the end of the massage).
Typically, a Swedish massage will last for around 60 to 90 minutes. Some therapists recommend spending 20 minutes in a sauna, or warming your muscles before the massage to help prepare them for a more comprehensive and relaxing experience. This is a great way for you to lie down, unwind and enjoy that peaceful feeling of relaxation and gentle stretching.
Your Initial Consultation with Massage Therapist is Just a Phone Call Away
How often can you go for a traditional Swedish massage?
For a Swedish massage, the answer is you should get a massage whenever you feel like you need one – especially before the muscles tense up again.
Benefits of Traditional Swedish Massage
- It provides a full-body muscle relaxation
- Increases the level of oxygen in the blood
- Decreases muscle toxins
- Improves blood circulation
- Useful in helping the body recover from an injury
- Relieves stress
- Releases any cramped muscles
Get In Touch With Us
Services We Offer:
Massage Therapy Affiliations:
Get in Touch
Monday to Friday: 8am - 7pm
Saturdays: 10am - 3pm