MASSAGE THERAPY IN DOWNTOWN TORONTO
WE OFFER DIRECT INSURANCE BILLING.
We practice the ancient art of massage therapy here in Toronto Downtown to the benefit of all of our clients. By utilizing advanced knowledge of the body’s muscular system, concentrated pressure techniques, and skilled hands, we can help you get rid of your pain, ease your mind, and get you ready for the next day. Life can be demanding and hectic, and sometimes the only thing you need is a nice relaxing break. A full body massage will whisk you away from your daily worries and help you get into a relaxed state of mind. Massage therapy is a great way to treat muscle strains, relieve muscle tension, increase circulation, and promote relaxation. the[clinic]’s registered massage therapists use soothing and effective manual techniques to loosen tight muscles and to ease tense connective tissues.
THE IMMEDIATE BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
Humans have long known the benefits of a massage from a skilled practitioner, and the craft goes back millennia. Modern medicine has even embraced the practice, and the proven benefits of massage include:
YOUR INITIAL CONSULTATION WITH MASSAGE THERAPIST IS JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY
- Pain relief – by putting pressure on the nerves and muscles our treatments release endorphins and serotonin, dulling pain in all areas.
- Improving recovery – if you are always physically active, then a massage will improve the flow of blood to your muscles and aid in your recovery.
- Anxiety relief – it is natural to feel anxious and worried about your life. We all do. By releasing natural chemicals in your body and basking in the pleasuring feeling a full body massage, your worries will melt away.
- Improving sleep – the at-ease feeling and relaxed state of your muscles and joints will help you fall asleep faster.
All massage sessions are tailored to the individual patient and are customized for the ultimate massage experience. At our clinic you not only get the most cutting-edge techniques available, you are given the ultimate customer experience.
LONG-TERM BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
The long-term benefits of a massage are nearly the same as the short-term, except that they are longer lasting. One major long-term benefit that has been observed is that people who have received massage therapy treatments are less prone to depression and its symptoms. They also show less signs of stress and have improved blood pressure.
LONG-TERM BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
- Deep tissue massage
- Trigger point therapy
- Athletic therapy massage
- Myofascial release
- Relaxation massage
- Traditional Swedish massage
- Pre and post-rehabilitation massage
- Pre-natal massage
Get in touch
Are you ready to take the first step toward recovery? Book an appointment with us! Our experienced and knowledgeable team of experts is ready to help you achieve your goals and get back to your desired level of functioning.
MASSAGE THERAPY FAQS
All Registered Massage Therapists are required to have photo ID cards, which are issued by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario – this card must have the registration number of the therapist. You are well within your right to view this ID card in order to be sure that you are visiting a Registered Massage Therapist.
Also, all members of the Registered Massage Therapists’ Association of Ontario must be registered and be in good standing with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario.
You can still have a massage when pregnant. You can receive massages from conception to birth. Massage during pregnancy provides a myriad of benefits such as:
- Reducing stress, promoting relaxation and physical nurturing.
- Reducing edema and blood pressure, relieving any varicose veins and increasing blood circulation.
- Relieving stress on weight-bearing joints such as the ankles, low back and pelvis.
- Reducing norepinephrine levels (stress hormones).
After a massage, it is normal to feel a little tender and sore, especially if you did a deep tissue massage. If you do experience any muscle soreness, it should diminish after a day or two. For this reason, you don’t want to have a massage too frequently, because your body needs the time to rest and re-align itself between sessions.
There is no concrete evidence saying that it is possible to have too many massages, but most Massage Therapists recommend having around one massage a month (this may vary depending on the unique needs of the individual).
The qualifications of a Registered Massage Therapist are:
- A mandatory number of hours of training at an accredited college.
- Educational requirements which includes studies in health science such as anatomy, kinesiology, physiology, pathology, neuroanatomy etc.
- Other educational requirements such as the studies of manual skills, remedial exercise, patient education, the management of chronic diseases, injuries and more.
A photo ID card issued by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario with a registration number on it.