CAR ACCIDENT REHABILITATION IN DOWNTOWN TORONTO
WE OFFER DIRECT INSURANCE BILLING.
Automobile accidents can cause a variety of personal injuries from minor to serious. The majority of people involved in car accidents suffer mainly from traumatic impacts, cuts, tears and more. Some of the most common injuries that are associated with auto accidents are:
- Soft tissue injuries: this is damage done to the body’s connective tissue (the muscles, ligaments and tendons). A prime example of this type of injury is whiplash – where the muscles and ligaments in the neck and head are stretched because of sudden movements upon collision.
- Scrapes and cuts: when the car collides with another vehicle or object, any loose objects in the car become projectiles. This can include cell phones, coffee cups, purses, eyeglasses etc. These items can hit your body and cause scrapes and cuts – which are usually very minor. Another thing that might cause a scrape or cut is the deployment of the airbag.
- Head injuries: this type of injury can be minor to quite severe. If a car suddenly collides with another vehicle or object, this can cause the heads of the car occupants to experience sudden movement, and cause impact with a window or steering wheel – which can lead to bumps and bruising, or internal bleeding depending on the severity of the impact.
- Fractures: whenever there is any traumatic impact to the body, there is always a risk of broken bones – broken arms, broken legs etc. A chiropractor/physiotherapist will be able to help recover functionality of the broken limb after the bone has been healed.
YOUR INITIAL CONSULTATION WITH CAR ACCIDENT CHIROPRACTOR IS JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY
WHIPLASH AND AUTO ACCIDENTS
Most people associate whiplash with a minor neck ache, but in reality, whiplash can be very serious – especially if it continues untreated. If left unattended, it could lead to a good deal of worsening issues such as chronic neck pain and brain injury.
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident, don’t assume that you are not injured simply because you have not felt the symptoms. Some signs of whiplash can occur later, and by the time it has been discovered, more permanent damage may have manifested. It is important to have all bases covered to ensure that if you do have whiplash, it gets treated accordingly.
Whiplash injuries are not as simple as a broken bone, they involve a more complicated combination of the nervous system, muscle joints and connective tissue that can be difficult to diagnose.
In order to fully understand how whiplash can affect your life after an auto accident, here are some things to know.
SEPTS INVOLVED IN MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT INJURY CLAIMS:
- Inform your car insurance provider of the accident and any injuries that you have sustained. Regardless of who was at fault for the accident, your insurance provider is responsible for covering your health and rehabilitation services available.
- Call the [clinic] to book an initial assessment with one of our registered practitioners –Physiotherapist/Chiropractor who will examine your car accident related injuries, discuss with you a treatment plan, begin therapy, and collect all the necessary information to fill out and submit an MVA rehabilitation insurance claim on your behalf. If you have extended health insurance coverage you are legally required to exhaust these benefits first, and then your auto insurance provider will cover the remainder of your therapy.
- Come to our clinic for follow-up treatment sessions. Follow-up appointments will be booked to fit your schedule. These appointments will incorporate a wide range of therapeutic modalities as appropriate, and may include massage therapy with one of our Registered Massage Therapists.
Our goal is making you feel better and getting you back to your pre-injury status. The [clinic] practitioners are committed to mange all aspect or your injury including reports and documentations required to continue your claim, and to ensure that you get the highest-level care you need.
Get in touch
Are you ready to take the first step toward recovery? Book an appointment with us! Our experienced and knowledgeable team of experts is ready to help you achieve your goals and get back to your desired level of functioning.
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT REHABILITATION FAQS
Most auto-related injuries can be treated successfully by a chiropractor or a physiotherapist. They can help with your injuries by assessing your condition, and help you recover and rehabilitate from it as quickly and effectively as possible.
A common injury after a car accident is whiplash (some of the symptoms being a stiff and/or painful neck, lower back, shoulder, arm or hand pain). If you suffer from any of those symptoms, visiting a physiotherapist/chiropractor can help restore mobility and strength in the affected areas.